Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 5 thru...Now

Okay, I haven't abandoned this project. On the contrary, I've gotten into the kitchen cabinets and decluttered, getting rid of a broken vegetable steamer, realizing my need for more glass containers with lids (and used a birthday gift card to get some.)

I'm also working toward getting a good weekly cleaning schedule in force so I'm not stuck cleaning the whole house top to bottom on the weekend. I've attempted this from time to time, but never in conjuction with a deep cleaning and organizing, so to be honest I'm struggling to do BOTH. The cleaning schedule looks a little like this.

Kitchen -daily
Laundry - daily

Monday - Bathrooms (there are 4)
Tuesday - Formal LR & Dining room - top to bottom, dust, vacuum, etc.
Wednesday - Office day - bills, notes, etc.
Thursday - Bedrooms - I want to work toward the boys keeping the toys, clutter, etc picked up themselves so I can just go in and dust & vacuum & be done.
Friday - Straighten up all rooms.
Saturday - playroom, sewing room
Sunday - off (or catchup day... I want to get away from NEEDING to catch up.)

Anyway, while being none too thrilled that I'm stilllll working in the kitchen and making slow progress, at least I am making progress.

I will try to update more often and more before and after pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I have a grid that I use to tell me what to do on which days. If I feel brave enough, I might post it on my blog one day. But it really, really makes me a look a little nutty.

    ReplyDelete