Monday, January 19, 2009

Progress Days 1 and 2

I didn't think of the before and after picture idea until I got into the project, but here is the dining room after. This room still needs to be painted, but I rearranged the furniture, shampooed the carpet, got a lot of junk off the top of the piano, and dusted and polished the piano. I also removed some "decorations" the boys had added from the walls back in November. It looks so much nicer, and the arrangement of the room is far superior. Although, I'm not sure if this is where I want it permanently. Input is welcome!

Dining Room before: My china cabinet had become the place of choice to put art supplies, etc. The kids do homework in here and it gets quite cluttered. After going through that pile I am happy to say that 1/3 of it was stuff that went in the trash. I also polished the chairs and china cabinet, and removed the rest of the Christmas stuff.

Dining Room After: We are still going to do homework in here (thus the backpacks.) My goal here is not to have everything "perfect" but to improve the organization and clutter problems. We still have to live here.

Saturday I cleaned out our storage closet but forgot a before picture and haven't taken an after yet, but it is much improved! I took out stuff that goes in the garage, sorted through clothes & found some that will fit the littler boys right now, and some put in the box to go to charity.

Kevin got involved and cleaned out a few kitchen cabinets. Today I move forward in the kitchen. Most of the clutter in here is hidden in the cabinets and drawers, so it will probably take longer than a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment