Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Progress

I got motivated this weekend and did the following...

Friday - shampooed the Family Room carpet. This wasn't in the plans, but we had a little poop issue and I had to clean that up, so I just did the whole room.

Saturday - cleaned and organized the laundry room. My dryer was piled up with junk, there were too big boxes of stuff to go to charity, and the shoe bin had lots of shoes that the kids aren't currently wearing. So, I got it all fixed up.
Before...


After...



I also got some walls wiped down, and Kevin did a little touch up painting. A productive weekend! Now when I walk in through the garage, instead of getting aggravated at the mess, I smile because everything is clean, tidy & shiny.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Rebecca! You certainly did do a lot! I'm really impressed, and I love it that your hubby did the touch-up painting. It's so funny that such a tiny bit of effort can make such a huge difference.
    Thank you so much for your kind words----they really mean a lot.
    xoxo steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm, um, realizing that it sort of came across as I was down-playing all you did with the "tiny bit of effort" line. I didn't mean that AT ALL---I meant that a bit of paint (with the touch-upping) really goes a long way to making the house look/feel more put together and fresh.
    xoox steph
    (off to nap or something now...) ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't take it that way! Thanks for coming by & commenting!

    ReplyDelete